A light-emitting diode or LED is a light source similar to fluorescent, incandescent and CFL lighting. LEDs are very efficient and use more brightness per watt than competitive bulbs. LEDs can be purchased as bulbs of different shapes and sizes depending on their intended use.
What are LED lamps ?
LED luminaires are similar in design to traditional luminaires. However, they are specifically designed to work with LED bulbs, and some traditional fixtures are not LED compatible. Examples of fixtures include ceiling lights and track lights.
The difference between LED bulbs and lamps
1. Typical LED bulbs look or are the same as traditional fluorescent, incandescent, and CFL bulbs. They come in a variety of sizes and are often interchangeable with traditional bulbs. However, some outlets may not support LED lighting, especially when changing from fluorescent to LED.
2. LED lights come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and styles. They are as varied as traditional luminaires and can be used both indoors and outdoors, depending on the materials that make up the luminaire. Examples of light fixtures include ceiling lights, wall sconces, pendant lights, recessed lights, track lights, accent lights, panels and lamps. Fixtures may come with LED bulbs, or bulbs may need to be purchased separately. Some existing fixtures can be converted to LED fixtures. Notably, fluorescent lighting can be converted to LED lighting by rewiring and removing all ballasts from the fixture.
Easy to install and replace
1. Most LED bulbs are interchangeable with traditional bulbs, so they can simply be replaced in existing lamps or fixtures. They are also easy to uninstall and replace, as they usually only need to be manually unscrewed from the connection. The ease of installation of LED bulbs makes them superior to rental LED fixtures or other locations where installation of hardware is restricted or prohibited.
2. LED fixtures should be viewed as a physical update to a home or building. Unless the fixture is a freestanding fixture, it will most likely require some hardware and tools to properly attach it to the ceiling or wall. Installing new fixtures is more complicated than replacing old bulbs with LED bulbs, but this approach allows for greater customization of design and lighting options.
1. The average lifespan of an LED bulb is about 20,000 hours. That's much longer than conventional bulbs, which typically last between 1,000 and 10,000 hours (fluorescent and CFL bulbs, respectively).
2. The LED fixture should last for many years, as long as it is not affected by weather or wear and tear, it is not designed to withstand. For example, using indoor LED light fixtures outdoors can lead to rust or power outages. As long as the clamps are used correctly, the material composition of the clamps should be strong and durable enough to last for many years. However, the LED bulbs inside the fixture need to be replaced from time to time.
1. LED bulbs are generally more expensive than CFL or incandescent bulbs. However, the cost is still in the same range as traditional bulbs, and the average price of LED bulbs has been decreasing over time.
2. Like any light fixture, LED fixtures are much more expensive than just buying replacement bulbs. Installation and support hardware can incur costs as well as the cost of the fixture itself. However, light fixtures are a long-term investment and do not require regular replacement. However, the bulbs it contains will need to be replaced from time to time.
Foshan Ronse Lighting Technology Co., Ltd.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us